Importance of Clean Gutters
Don’t risk a fall, give us a call.
When did you last have your gutters cleaned? Many people are guilty of neglecting their gutters… are you one of those people?
You should be cleaning your gutters regularly – we recommend that this is done up to every 4 months, but this varies depending on the area you live, the season, and the trees surrounding your home.
Why you should never put off your gutter cleaning?
Neglecting your gutters is potentially an expensive nightmare. Why? Well, here’s just a few of the reasons:
- Water damage: Blocked gutters means rainwater will not drain away as intended, but instead will overflow into ceiling cavities (damaging walls, ceilings, carpets and possibly electrical fittings) or onto the foundations of the property causing damage which is potentially extremely dangerous!
- Pest control: A build up of debris in your gutters offers rodents and pests a perfect home, so if you want to avoid an infestation, it’s best to keep your gutters clear.
- Prevent rust: The debris build up in gutters creates a destructive sludge which can cause rust, degrade gutters and lead to you needing to replace your gutters.
- Fire hazard: During a bushfire, embers become airborne and it is these embers that typically cause more home fires than the blaze itself. Keeping your gutters clear from leaves can reduce the risk of your home catching on fire.
- Waterway pollution: Rotting gutter debris are extremely high in nutrients that can pollute rivers, lakes and oceans, with a disastrous effect on aquatic life, as well as reducing the quality of water for humans.
- Rainwater tank contamination: Without regular cleaning, your gutters will fill up with debris, which, when left, causes a polluted sludge that will contaminate water flowing directly into your rainwater tank.
Stay one step ahead of costly repairs! When you book us to clean your gutters, we’ll give you a free report and evaluation every time. This report will contain photos, a gutter report and a maintenance plan, to help ensure you avoid any costly repairs or damage.
If you would like to learn more about how our gutter cleaning services can help you, one of our friendly advisors will be happy to chat to you. Send us an online enquiry and one of our advisors will be in touch.