Blog How To Clean A Window Airconditioner - MyHome
Posted on Sunday, May 24th, 2020
Have you been spending ample time cleaning in isolation? If you’ve been pulling your place apart dusting every corner, you might be thinking about tackling your window air conditioner next.
Although it might look complicated, cleaning your window air conditioner is a relatively simple process, and best of all, the benefits of a clean A/C unit makes all the elbow grease worth it.
Why Should I Clean My Window Air Conditioner?
Cleaning your window air conditioner has many benefits, far beyond the satisfaction of pulling it apart to clean, it’ll also do wonders for the appliance itself.
Air conditioners degrade over time, and if you’re not cleaning often their filters can clog and the efficiency of your appliance will drop. It’s important to stay on top of the cleaning of your wall air conditioner and make sure you’re getting rid of any dust and mould regularly.
A clean air conditioner will mean you’ll have cleaner air! This is great for anybody who has allergies or suffers from asthma. Getting rid of dust and mould will also mean you’ll have crisp and fresh air coming out of the vents.
If you’re worried about the noise of running your air conditioner, a cleaner machine is a quieter machine. When your appliance gets dirty it has to work harder to get the same result, meaning that it’s less efficient, and therefore, noisier. A cleaner machine could also lower your energy bills, as it’ll be running easier or more efficiently.
If you continue to clean your air conditioner regularly it will last for much longer, and you won’t have to deal with maintenance issues as often. A clean air conditioner means cleaner indoor air quality, which is a massive health bonus that can’t be overlooked.
How To Clean A Wall Air Conditioner
Ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work cleaning your wall air conditioner? Follow these simple steps and you’ll be breathing fresh air in no time.
- Firstly, disconnect your air conditioner completely and take the plug out of the wall.
- Take out the filter. Your filter should come out easily, place it in a warm bowl of soapy water and let it soak to get rid of any dust, dirt and mould.
- Remove the case. Unscrew (don’t forget to keep the screws somewhere you won’t forget!) and take off any extra removable parts to be soaked in warm soapy water.
- Vacuum and wipe your air conditioner. A vacuum is a quick way to get rid of any dust, and a damp cloth is great for getting rid of any obviously dirty patches.
- Spray down the interior surface of your appliance. Air conditioners are made to handle water, so don’t get afraid to really clean it out, and get rid of all the dust hiding in the corners.
- After you’ve soaked the exteriors, given them a spray and wipe down. Make sure you clean them over with a towel and then leave to air dry completely.
- Finally, you’re ready to put your air conditioner back together, reassemble in the same order you took it apart, and you’re good to go!
Don’t have enough time to clean every nook and cranny of your home yourself? MyHome cleaning provides a range of cleaning services that will help every corner of your home sparkle.
Filed under: Residential Cleaning